Environmental Technician - Carlsbad (73364)
Requisition ID: 73364
Works with Operations personnel to provide environmental compliance support for crude oil gathering and storage assets. This position works closely with other EHS staff, field operations, and consultants to ensure compliance with federal, state and local air quality, water and waste regulations. Provide essential leadership at the asset level to promote continuous improvement for environmental compliance programs.
- Works with Operations and EHS staff to support leak detection and repair program, including component tagging, LDAR contractor QA/QC, re-monitoring of repaired components, MOC verification and P&ID mark-up, etc.
- Works with Operations and EHS staff to create and maintain pneumatic device inventory, including verification of device type (intermittent vs continuous bleed) and type of service.
- Works with Operations and EHS staff for completion and tracking of other miscellaneous air permit requirements
- Works with Operations and EHS staff to ensure compliance with storm-water permit requirements
- Works with Operations and EHS staff to ensure compliance with Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures
- Works with Operations and EHS staff to ensure compliance with Waste Management procedures
- Works with Operations and EHS staff to ensure compliance with Avian Protection Plans
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 4 years’ previous oil and gas experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and be able to deal concurrently with a variety of projects and issues.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software and computing
- Working knowledge of current state and federal environmental regulations applicable to the oil & gas industry
- Analytical skills required to translate regulations and permits into compliance management programs
- Technical skills necessary to properly operate a variety of analytical equipment used to monitor and test equipment
- Strong knowledge of process and maintenance practices
- Able to read and interpret regulatory requirements
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Carlsbad || New Mexico || United States (US) || None || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Logistics || 88220 ||
Job Reference #: 73364