Manages refinery's environmental function ensuring operations in environmentally sound manner. Ensures compliance with local/state/federal regulations and company and industry standards.
- Manages plant's environmental programs, policies and practices ensuring compliance with local/state/federal regulations, company standards and industry standards/best practices. Ensures refinery's environmental risks are managed appropriately.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable regulations.
- Manages efforts to improve refinery's environmental performance and proactively reduce emissions and waste generation. Ensures monitoring systems, work processes and records are in place. Manages refinery's permitting process. Promotes pollution prevention activities in all aspects of refinery's operations.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies on environmental matters. Stays current on legislative/regulatory changes and takes proactive measures to address business concerns regarding impact of such changes. Represents, formulates and presents refinery's responses and filings to local, state and federal regulatory agencies and commissions.
- Reviews environmental audits and ensures follow-up corrective action to maintain compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manages departmental budget. Exercises financial stewardship to control expenditures.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in environmental science or related discipline required.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering preferred.
- Minimum 10 years environmental compliance experience in progressively responsible leadership roles in refining or petrochemical industry required.
Gallup NM Refinery - GR208,,New Mexico,87347,United States
Job Reference #: 5000330487006