Environmental Superintendent - Gallup, New Mexico (70601)
Requisition ID: 70601
Manages refinery's environmental function ensuring operations in environmentally sound manner. Ensures compliance with local/state/federal regulations and company and industry standards.
1. Manages plant’s environmental programs, policies and practices ensuring compliance with local/state/federal regulations, company standards and industry standards/best practices. Ensures refinery’s environmental risks are managed appropriately.
2. Maintains knowledge of applicable regulations.
3. Manages efforts to improve refinery’s environmental performance and proactively reduce emissions and waste generation. Ensures monitoring systems, work processes and records are in place. Manages refinery’s permitting process. Promotes pollution prevention activities in all aspects of refinery’s operations.
4. Interfaces with regulatory agencies on environmental matters. Stays current on legislative/regulatory changes and takes proactive measures to address business concerns regarding impact of such changes. Represents, formulates and presents refinery’s responses and filings to local, state and federal regulatory agencies and commissions.
5. Reviews environmental audits and ensures follow-up corrective action to maintain compliance with regulatory requirements.
6. Manages departmental budget. Exercises financial stewardship to control expenditures.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in environmental science or related discipline required.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ environmental compliance experience in progressively responsible leadership roles in refining or petrochemical industry required.
***** Role is based out of Gallup, New Mexico *****
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Gallup || New Mexico || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Refinery Operations || 87301 ||
Job Reference #: 70601