Environmental Specialist (74583)
Requisition ID: 74583
Provides environmental support to Andeavor Logistics environmental compliance and operations across all regions. Operational areas include gas plants, compressor stations, pipeline, terminal, storage, trucking, and rail operations. Provide technical support in the regulatory areas of air and Leak Detection and Repair to ensure environmental compliance at the federal, state and local levels. Works closely with the LDAR monitoring contractor, operations and maintenance departments to monitor and manage the quality assurance aspects of the LDAR program. Supports daily LDAR compliance work and assists site personnel with LDAR performance expectations.
- Provides quality support and guidance on complex regulatory issues. Supports and maintains systems that are in place to ensure that environmental compliance requirements are properly managed.
- Assists LDAR Coordinator with maintaining daily compliance for the gathering and processing LDAR program by leading data QA/QC initiatives.
- Assists in development, tracking and reporting of LDAR KPIs.
- Performs routine QA/QC assessments of LeakDAS database. Reviews daily data inputs by LDAR monitoring contractor for accuracy and consistency.
- Reviews and interprets third party contractor monitoring reports for inconsistencies and accuracy.
- Point of contact for routine LDAR program activities.
- Prepares the semi-annual and annual LDAR compliance reports for all sites.
- Assists in regulatory inspections.
- Assists in review, development and implementation of LDAR best practice procedures across all regions.
- Participates in the development and delivery of environmental training and education initiatives and programs.
- Support for analysis of LDAR data related to potential incidents or data requests.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in engineering, environmental, science or other related discipline required.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ environmental experience in the petroleum industry required.
- Minimum 3- 5 years’ Method 21 LDAR program experience in refining or midstream required.
- Effective communication, problem-solving and organizational skills are a pre-requisite.
- Ability to build and manage informational databases. Proficiency in MS Office Suite is strongly desired.
- Up to 25% travel is required. Willingness to work extended periods across all regions.
**** Role can be based out of Denver, CO or Bismarck, ND ****
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Denver || Colorado || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Logistics || 80202 ||
Job Reference #: 74583