Environmental Specialist (75222)
Requisition ID: 75222
Provides environmental support to Tesoro Logistics environmental compliance and operations across all regions. Operational areas include gas plants, compressor stations, pipeline, terminal, storage, trucking, and rail operations. Provide technical support in the regulatory areas of air and Leak Detection and Repair to ensure environmental compliance at the federal, state and local levels. Works closely with the LDAR monitoring contractor, operations and maintenance departments to monitor and manage the quality assurance and control aspects of the LDAR program. Supports daily LDAR compliance work and assists site personnel with LDAR performance expectations.
- Provides support and assistant to Environmental Field Technicians on field aspects of the LDAR program.
- Provides quality support and guidance on complex regulatory issues. Supports and maintains systems that are in place to ensure that environmental compliance requirements are properly managed.
- Evaluates all management of change (MOC) for Mid-Con logistics organization and determines LDAR applicability and coordinates with engineering and operations to track implementation of MOCs into the LDAR program
- Conducts environmental analysis for projects that have the potential to trigger new regulations.
- Subject Matter Expert on LDAR field execution procedures, tagging and Method 21/FLIR Camera monitoring.
- Generate field assurance assessments and track outstanding items to completion.
- Develop and maintain field and technician procedures i.e tagging procedure, field QA/QC, NSPS analysis, technician manual & future field related procedures.
- Assists in tracking and reporting of LDAR KPIs.
- Assists in review, development and implementation of LDAR best practice procedures across all regions.
- Conducts field visits and assists in the PSSR verification for LDAR inventory changes across all regions.
- Supports the implementation of environmental programs and strategies consistent with annual performance goals and industry best practices.
- Participates in the development and delivery of environmental training and education initiatives and programs. Assists in development of best practices across all regions. Supports work to ensure that environmental risks for all region are understood and that mitigation plans are in place.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in engineering, environmental, science or other related discipline required.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ environmental experience in the petroleum industry required.
- Effective communication, problem-solving and organizational skills are a pre-requisite.
- Ability to build and manage informational databases. Proficiency in MS Office Suite is strongly desired.
- Up to 40% travel is required. Willingness to work extended periods across all regions.
**** Position can be based out of Rock Springs, WY, Denver, CO, North Dakota, or Vernal, UT ****
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Denver || Colorado || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Logistics || 80202 ||
Job Reference #: 75222