Environmental Specialist (72321)
Requisition ID: 72321
Evaluates compliance with federal/state/local statutes and regulations. Collects samples and data; conducts analysis in support of applicable environmental regulation. Prepares and distributes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Prepares reports, plans and permits required to comply with federal/state/local statues and regulations Collects samples and data and conducts analysis and calculations required for reports and plans.
- Coordinates implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Performs environmental audits and field inspections. Assists with EPA and other regulatory agency inspections and information requests. Prepares reports detailing audit findings. Recommends changes in refinery operations to ensure compliance.
- Provides technical guidance to enhance operations. Establishes operating guidelines. Develops and implements testing and sampling systems to assure compliance.
- Ensures compliance with air, waste and/or water regulations.
- May coordinate off-site transportation, disposal, treatment, or recycling of waste. Includes establishing contacts, manifesting, and other regulatory required documentation.
- Serves as a member of 24/7 Emergency Response Team and/or Oil Spill Response Team
- Minimum undergraduate degree in environmental sciences or related field required.
Minimum 5 years progressive environmental experience in petroleum or related industry required.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Martinez || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-ET-1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security || 94553 ||
Job Reference #: 72321