Environmental Engineer - El Paso, TX (69666)
Requisition ID: 69666
Provides environmental engineering support related to air quality permitting and compliance to refinery to ensure compliance with local/state/federal regulations. Administers refinery’s Title V reasonable inquiry process.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports reporting and recordkeeping as required by company, environmental regulations and Title V permits. Monitors compliance metrics. Produces and submits deviation reports and permit compliance certification reports. Ensures timely, accurate reports submitted to regulatory agencies.
- Tracks Title V permit deviations and works with Legal and Air Quality Management District (AQMD) to define deviations. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with regulatory agencies during field inspections and environmental incidents.
- Provides technical guidance to refinery personnel. Evaluates/interprets environmental regulations to determine applicability. Identifies air compliance obligations and compliance requirements. Coordinates with Corporate Affairs for updates on legislative and regulatory activities impacting refinery. Develops and implements, with management’s approval, cost-effective solutions to mitigate environmental risks.
- Administers refinery’s Title V reasonable inquiry process. Communicates complex regulations and compliance issues to refinery management. Serves as technical liaison between Environmental, other refinery departments and external regulatory agencies.
- Provides environmental engineering permitting support to environmental planning team. Prepares permit applications, renewals, and amendments. Performs atmospheric emission inventory calculations, dispersion modeling and other related engineering calculations. Develops and compiles supporting documentation. Participates in projects, Management of Change (MOC) reviews to identify permitting requirements.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in environmental engineering or chemical engineering required.
- Minimum 7 years’ environmental engineering experience in petrochemical industry required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Title V program and air quality regulations preferred.
**This position is part of a Job Family with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications.**
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || El Paso || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Other Corporate Functions || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 69666