Engineer, Process Development (74901)
Requisition ID: 74901
Provides process engineering expertise on assigned capital and expense projects. Performs process engineering development activities and provides oversight for Front-End-Loading project phases. Work includes feasibility and economic studies, conceptual design, identification and evaluation of alternatives, front end design, support detailed engineering, assistance with procedure development, supporting project process safety management, and support of startup and commissioning.
- Performs process engineering activities to develop deliverables for Pre-Appraise, Appraise, and Select project phases (project Front-End-Loading) that meet project management process requirements. Provides leadership for idea generation and project development of process design for Appraise and Select phase content including definition of technical objectives, cost estimates and economic feasibility evaluation. Supports project in Define, Execute, and Operate phases, and ensures detailed design meets overall project technical objectives. Provides process engineering support for project pre-Startup review and Startup.
- Supports project closeout activities such as drawing as-builts, and MOC (Management of Change) closeout. Provides assistance in conducting lessons learned or look back analysis on project performance. Organizes and conducts unit performance tests to determine if benefits are realized, and ensures submittal of business income improvement for completed projects.
- Reviews and approves technical scope documents needed to appropriately support process engineering in assigned projects. Provides leadership to development and maintenance of PFD’s (process flow diagrams), P&ID’s (piping and instrumentation diagrams), control narratives and cause & effect documents from initial design, through PSM (process safety activities) activities and other similar reviews, through detailed engineering and finally through construction and commissioning.
- Participates in development and implementation of operator training, operating manual input, management of change (MOC) development, HAZOP (hazard and operability study) reviews and recommendation follow-up, P&ID review and verification.
- Provides leadership to the development, maintenance and overall quality and accuracy of other typical process engineering deliverables including but not limited to process design basis, heat and mass balances, process simulations, equipment sizing and design, ISBL/OSBL (inside battery limits, outside battery limits) interface conditions, and other project deliverables.
- Proactively provides technical guidance to engineering contractors’ associated with assigned projects, especially to process engineering topics. Keeps engineering contractors working efficiently by demonstrating urgency to resolve open issues and action items.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in chemical engineering required.
- Minimum 4 years’ process or project engineering experience in refining industry required. Position title is adjustable as part of a technical ladder based on competency and years of experience.
- Experience with managing or supporting project design and execution, and working through project phases (Appraise/Select/Define/Execute/Operate, FEL-1/2/3, etc.) preferred.
- During critical activities, works extended hours, including nights and weekends, in process operations environment and during periods of inclement weather. Accesses areas of refinery requiring use of stairs and/or ladders to inspect critical process and mechanical equipment including periods of inclement weather. Responds to upset conditions during off hours.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Kenai || Alaska || United States (US) || SF:LI-LW1 || |Engineering || 99611 ||
Job Reference #: 74901