Engineer, Mechanical (74704)
Requisition ID: 74704
Provides mechanical engineering support to ensure safe, compliant, and reliable operation of refinery assets. Responsible for condition monitoring, troubleshooting, root cause failure analysis, project support and equipment modifications. Supports implementation of reliability engineering practices and programs as well as predictive and preventive maintenance programs.
- Promotes safe work environment by providing engineering support to refinery safety programs. Participates in reliability or equipment-related incident investigations. Ensures refinery compliance with Process Safety Management Mechanical Integrity for refinery fixed and rotating equipment.
- Reviews fixed equipment inspection reports, performs analysis, and develops corrective actions where required. Troubleshoots rotating and fixed equipment issues. Conducts root cause analysis as basis for determining targeted corrective actions to reduce/eliminate "bad actors" or chronically underperforming or failure-prone equipment. Identifies value-added opportunities to close performance gaps and improve mean time between repairs (MTBR).
- Assesses, designs and implements preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and reliability continuous improvement programs. Advocates benefits of reliability practices and fosters integration into plant operations. Provides reliability data interpretation, analysis and reporting. Develops and calculates reliability metrics as basis for reliability improvements. Provides reliability technical analysis of proposed equipment modifications in capital projects from conceptual stage through commissioning.
- Provides quality assurance, technical support and consistent application of standards and procedures to Maintenance, Operations and Engineering for new and existing equipment installations. Develops repair plans for equipment deficiencies identified.
- Provides support through all phases of capital and expense projects. Participates in technical reviews to ensure detailed mechanical engineering meets design specifications, codes and engineering standards. Assists team in Project Execution stage in completion of detailed design, construction and installation of facilities and equipment. Serves as project engineer responsible for scope, schedule, and cost on small to medium sized projects. Responsible for contractor selection and oversight of field execution for projects assigned.
- Works extended hours, including nights and weekends, in process operations environment and during periods of inclement weather. Accesses areas of refinery requiring use of stairs and/or ladders to inspect critical process and mechanical equipment. Responds to upset conditions during off-hours.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering required.
- Minimum 7 years mechanical engineering experience in refining industry required.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Kenai || Alaska || United States (US) || None || |Engineering || 99611 ||
Job Reference #: 74704