Emergency Response Coordinator (76450)
Requisition ID: 76450
Ensures refinery’s fire brigade is prepared to safely and effectively respond to emergency situations, minimize exposure to personnel, community, and environment and mitigate damage to refinery property and equipment. Coordinates and delivers training/readiness plan in accordance with corporate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Interfaces with on-shift first responders for coordination of personnel assignments, crew balancing, and proper Fire Brigade staffing levels.
- Provides technical input into emergency response policies, processes, and procedures. Ensures compliance with applicable governmental regulations and company standards.
- Serves as course manager for onsite emergency response courses. Develops and produces learning materials for courses, ensuring content is current and consistent with established standards, processes, protocols, and procedures. Ensures delivery of training and serves as primary instructor for certain onsite training courses. Oversees ERT (Emergency Response Team) members during training classes including classroom and field activities. Coordinates training with the training department who manages logistics, scheduling, and site preparation. Maintains current, complete and accurate employee training records in conjunction with the training department systems.
- Develops and maintains job performance and ensures medical requirements for ERT membership are consistent with corporate standards. Utilizes tracking program for training content and attendance levels consistent with work practices and standards.
- Administers refinery’s emergency response drill program in support of tactical emergency response preparedness. Coordinates drills and assesses performance through debriefings, exercise critiques, and lessons learned. Identifies vulnerabilities and recommends measures to strengthen emergency response capability.
- Monitors budget for emergency response training and drills. Prepares justifications for training submissions.
- Assists with coordination of Fire School training. Supports corporate with course development, and work towards development of training curriculum for all sites to include emergency response. Develops prop rotation and training plans.
- Provides assistance to Contingency Planning on oil spill response drills and tabletop exercises.
- Responsible for testing and ensuring maintenance of site fire response equipment, fire water systems, fire extinguisher testing and replacement, and adequacy of fire water tanks and pumping equipment.
- Minimum high school degree diploma or GED required.
- Associates degree in fire science or undergraduate degree in science related discipline required.
- Minimum 5 years industrial fire experience in petrochemical industry with additional 5 years of oil refining, process industry or related work experience.
- Subject to on-call coverage
- Knowledge of NFPA standards for inspection and testing of fire protection systems
- Ability to prepare, update and draft policies, procedures and guidelines
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Kenai || Alaska || United States (US) || None || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Refinery Operations || 99611 ||
Job Reference #: 76450