Electrical Engineer (74082)
Requisition ID: 74082
Provides electrical engineering support to ensure reliable operations of refinery’s electrical power distribution system. Performs condition monitoring, troubleshooting, root cause failure analysis and project support. Identifies long-term improvement opportunities.
- Provides electrical engineering technical support to refinery departments. Troubleshoots and resolves electrical-related issues. Assists in design of high and low voltage electrical systems. Monitors electrical power distribution system. Maintains baseline appraisals of electrical capacity, identifying load flows, problem areas and areas of excess capacity. Monitors critical equipment analysis to identify reliability improvement opportunities.
- Supports electrical systems modernization projects and capital projects through involvement in electrical system specifications, hardware and software design, testing, commissioning, training, and documentation.
- Provides support through all phases of capital and expense projects. Participates in technical reviews to ensure detailed electrical engineering meets design specifications, codes and engineering standards. Assists team in Project Execution stage in completion of detailed design, construction and installation of facilities and equipment.
- Provides engineering support for investigations on adverse incidents involving electrical system disturbances and electrical equipment failures. Ensures refinery compliance with Process Safety Management and Management of Change (MOC).
- In conjunction with other engineers and Maintenance, assists in design and implementation of reliability-centered maintenance programs for critical electrical equipment. Advocates benefits of reliability practices and fosters integration into plant operations. Works with electricians and E&I technicians. Reviews procedure manuals for technical adequacy.
- Works extended hours, including nights and weekends, in process operations environment and during periods of inclement weather. Accesses areas of refinery requiring use of stairs and/or ladders to inspect critical process and mechanical equipment. Responds to upset conditions during off-hours.
Experienced and Education
- Minimum undergraduate degree in electrical engineering required.
- Minimum 7 years electrical/instrument engineering experience in refining industry required.
**This position is part of an Engineering Technical Ladder with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications.**
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Anacortes || Washington || United States (US) || SF:LI-LW1 || |Engineering || 98221 ||
Job Reference #: 74082