Electrical Engineer (72701)
Location: Midland or West Texas
Requisition ID: 72701
Provides technical guidance, problem resolution and design support for operation and maintenance of Electrical and Instrumentation equipment for the assigned assets.
- Performs the role of Subject Matter Expert (SME) for issues pertaining to electrical, instrumentation and control matters.
- Troubleshoots, reviews, and implements solution for electrical, instrumentation and control problems/issues.
- Provides technical standards/reports for preventative and predictive maintenance and repair of electrical equipment.
- Provides technical expertise during testing, commissioning, and start-ups on new electrical equipment and instrumentation installation.
- Supports project engineering group in reviewing designing of electrical equipment, electrical distribution systems and substations.
- Works within other organization to identify trends and opportunities to improve pipeline stations availability, increase pipeline capacity, growth, reliability, maintainability and expandability.
- Ensures that electrical equipment meets safety requirements and all applicable city, state, and federal codes and standards.
- Reviews, improves, interprets, develops and maintains company standards & specifications for electrical.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to less technical staff member and young engineer within organization.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is required
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in maintenance, operation and design in gas and/or liquid pipeline, petrochemical or refinery plants and storage facilities is required.
- Expertise with power system design, power distribution equipment and protective relaying is required.
- Experience in electrical modeling program (SKM, ETAP, etc.) for use to conduct power studies, short circuit calculation, coordination studies, arc flash calculation, and troubleshooting is required.
- Basic understanding of preventative/predictive maintenance concepts and applications as it applies to electrical equipment is required.
- Well versed in applicable codes, government regulations, and standards, pertaining to electrical systems such as NFPA, NEC, and API.
- Understanding of various networks and protocols.
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Midland || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-1 || |Engineering; Logistics || 79701 ||
Job Reference #: 72701