DOT - Transport Driver - St. Paul Park - $3,000 SIGN ON BONUS (69983)
Requisition ID: 69983
Working under the general supervision of the Fleet Operations Supervisor, the Transport Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of gasoline and diesel to regional customers. The Transport Driver is responsible for all aspects of safely driving and operating a tank truck and trailer in compliance with all company safety standards, industry guidelines, and all relevant federal, state and local laws. The Transport Driver independently follows specified policies, procedures and standards, as well as written or verbal directions. This position works a 4 nights, 48-hour work schedule including weekends, holidays and premium days as needed.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and operate under specified Driver Safety Standards at all times while operating tank truck and trailer to deliver refined petroleum products.
- Perform pre-trip inspection on tank truck and trailer following all DOT and FMCSR safety specifications, and inspect truck for general operating requirements, ascertain that all required equipment is available and in operating condition and make all required preparations for delivery.
- Maintain electronic logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Drive to customer locations, connect hoses to tanks, open valves, read gauges, record amounts delivered and prepare all required documentation Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Follow, maintain and adhere to all safety rules, regulations and operating procedures for loading facilities, unloading stations and customer premises.
- Establish and maintain good customer contact, skills in handling customer inquiries, answer inquiries as appropriate and refer customers to appropriate company resources when needed.
- Inspect truck and trailer upon completion of deliveries, determine if any repairs are necessary, and accurately complete all regulatory and customary paperwork.
- Maintain assigned work area, tank truck, and equipment in a clean and orderly manner; perform housekeeping as required or directed.
- Report all incidents, safety, and environmental concerns to supervisor.
- Exchange necessary information with dispatch, supervisors, and other drivers.
- Serve as an ambassador for Andeavor by operating equipment in a safe and professional manner, obeying all traffic laws and driving courteously and professionally at all times.
- Must meet requirements for a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Exceptional compensation
- Productivity bonus
- Company sponsored profit sharing
- 401(k) plan with Company match
- Company funded pension plan
- Paid vacation & sick time
- 10 paid holidays
- Company health insurance including family/spousal coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Other benefits including Group Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance & Long-Term Disability
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as a GED
- 2 years of professional truck driving experience preferred.
- Experience related to petroleum trucking and loading and unloading petroleum, or similar relevant experience is desired.
- Positive Attitude and willingness to learn.
- Clean driving record (not more than 3 violations and no DUI/DWI or accidents in previous 3 years).
- Must have 20/40 vision with good depth and color perception, corrected vision is acceptable.
- Current valid Commercial Driver's License, with HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements required, Double/Triple endorsement desired.
- Pass DOT drug and alcohol screening, DOT physical, 10 year FMCSA employment and safety background and 7 year criminal background check.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Saint Paul || Minnesota || United States (US) || SF:LI-JK1 || |Logistics || 55071 ||
Job Reference #: 69983