DOT - Transport Driver - Roosevelt, UT (69613)
Requisition ID: 69613
- Driving a tank truck or tractor/trailer to transport crude and petroleum products between LACT units, well site sells tanks, etc., taking all required readings and measurements before and after crude oil is loaded, recording readings and measurements including volume estimates on crude oil tickets and leaving copies for lessee or producer.
- Performing proper measurement; knowing and demonstrating the importance of good measurement practices.
- Performing pre-trip inspections on equipment following all Tesoro Safety Policies and DOT regulations.
- Checking truck for general operating requirements, ensuring that all required equipment is available and in good operating condition, documenting inspection and identifying any deficiencies on pre-trip inspection forms.
- Performing and documenting post trip inspection appropriately and accurately, completing all regulatory and customary paperwork. Maintaining all DOT required documentation, crude oil tickets, etc.
- Ensuring truck is full of fuel, windows, mirrors and cab interior are clean, and all equipment is ready for service for the next shift. Interface with mechanics in a courteous manner to relay problems or accept direction.
- Following, maintaining and adhering to all safety rules, DOT regulations and operating procedures for loading facilities, unloading stations and customer premises.
- Serving as an ambassador for Tesoro by operating equipment in a safe and professional manner, obeying all traffic laws and driving courteously and professionally at all times.
The following qualifications are required for consideration for this position:
- High school diploma (equivalent may be considered); college, technical or trade school education desired.
- Current Commercial Driver's License, with HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements required, Double/Triple endorsement required
- Experience related to crude oil trucking and loading and unloading crude oil is strongly desired, but similar relevant experience may be considered.
- Successful candidates will likely have off-road and extreme cold weather trucking experience, as up to 85% of driving is off-road; this is NOT a long haul trucking position.
- Clean driving record (no DUI/DWI in previous 5 years).
- DOT drug and alcohol screening, DOT physical, 10 year FMCSA employment and safety background and 7 year criminal background check.
- Passing Road Test and demonstrating proficiency operating an 18-speed truck.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, measuring and mathematical skills, and strong computer proficiency are all required for success in this position.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Roosevelt || Utah || United States (US) || SF:LI-JK1 || |Logistics || 84066 ||
Job Reference #: 69613