DOT - Transport Driver - Colton Terminal (69961)
Requisition ID: 69961
Working under the general supervision of the Fleet Operations Supervisor, the Transport Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of gasoline and diesel to regional customers. The Transport Driver is responsible for all aspects of safely driving and operating a tank truck and trailer in compliance with all company safety standards, industry guidelines, and all relevant federal, state and local laws. The Transport Driver independently follows specified policies, procedures and standards, as well as from written or verbal directions. This position is represented by the Teamsters Union Local 986 and the terms and conditions of employment are governed by the Agreement between the parties.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and operate under specified Driver Safety Standards at all times while operating tank truck and trailer to deliver refined petroleum products.
- Perform pre-delivery inspection on tank truck and trailer following all DOT and FMCSR safety specifications, fuel and inspect truck for general operating requirements, ascertain that all required equipment is available and in operating condition and make all required preparations for delivery.
- Drive to customer locations, connect hoses to tanks, open valves, read gauges, record amounts delivered and prepare all required documentation.
- Follow, maintain and adhere to all safety rules, regulations and operating procedures for loading facilities, unloading stations and customer premises.
- Establish and maintain good customer contact, skills in handling customer inquiries, answer inquiries as appropriate and refer customers to appropriate company resources when needed.
- Inspect truck and trailer upon completion of deliveries, determine if any repairs are necessary, and accurately complete all regulatory and customary paperwork.
- Maintain assigned work area, tank truck and equipment in a clean and orderly manner; perform housekeeping as required or directed.
- Report any and all incidents, safety or environmental concerns to supervisor.
- Serve as an ambassador for Tesoro by operating equipment in a safe and professional manner, obeying all traffic laws and driving courteously and professionally at all times.
- Stability, growth and professional development
- Exceptional compensation
- 4/10 shift schedule
- Night shift premium pay
- Incentive Compensation Program bonus paid annually
- Productivity bonus
- 401(k) plan with Company match
- Company funded pension plan
- Company sponsored profit sharing
- Paid vacation & sick time
- 10 paid holidays
- Company health insurance including family/spousal coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Other benefits including Group Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance & Long Term Disability
. . . And the invaluable benefit of career growth and membership on the best team in the business, the Tesoro team.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as a GED; college, technical or trade school education is desired.
- 2 years of professional truck driving experience, experience related to petroleum trucking and loading and unloading petroleum, or similar relevant experience is strongly desired.
- Positive Attitude and willingness to learn.
- Clean driving record (not more than 3 violations and no DUI/DWI or accidents in previous 3 years).
- Must have 20/40 vision with good depth and color perception, corrected vision is acceptable.
- Current valid Commercial Driver's License, with HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements required, Double/Triple endorsement desired.
- Pass DOT drug and alcohol screening, DOT physical, 10 year FMCSA employment and safety background and 7 year criminal background check.
- Pass Road Test demonstrating proficiency operating a 10-speed truck.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, measuring and mathematical skills, working knowledge of hazardous materials and moderate computer proficiency are all required for success in this position.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Colton || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-JK1 || |Logistics || 92316 ||
Job Reference #: 69961