Director, SCM Procurement (75541)
Requisition ID: 75541
The SCM Manager is responsible for all ongoing Procurement & Supply Chain activities within refinery operations, including the effective management of $100m+ in third party spend per year across a number of areas (e.g. materials and equipment, utilities and process consumables, contractor services, logistics and indirect) and the leadership of a team of approx. 15-20 employees and contractors.
This role will be responsible for driving operational efficiency and effectiveness in Supply Chain through data driven continuous improvement initiatives, while assisting with the operationalizing of strategic Supply Chain initiatives. The role will collaborate with Category Managers to assist in the implementation of Category Management initiatives and Direct Accountability for Operational Procurement activities. This position will sit on the Procurement Operations leadership team and support the development and implementation of procurement procedures, operational metrics and CIP in the areas of P2P. The role will identify and deliver on value contribution opportunities in support of SLAs at the Martinez Refinery.
- Drive the SCM agenda, strategy and execution plan in collaboration with and in support of local business strategy, securing buy-in from senior leadership and other key stakeholders across the Business and the Function.
- Establish effective SCM portfolio management processes, while appropriately challenging third party spend arrangements and contracts, in order to deliver value and optimize refinery site costs.
- Build and nurture effective relationships with senior refinery leadership, other refinery stakeholders (Operations, Maintenance, TAR and Projects) and external suppliers and contractors, influencing as appropriate to gain necessary alignment. Participate in cross-functional meetings as appropriate.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, and Category Managers to review spend and to develop and implement annual refinery contracting & procurement plans and agreed sourcing and contracting strategies for the site.
- Champion use of Andeavor’s SCM processes, chosen tools and methodologies including execution of sourcing events through e-sourcing technology.
- Lead or participate as required in negotiations and ensure efficient deployment of agreed supply arrangements and contracting plans to deliver step change in productivity and cost competitiveness.
- Drive improvement in effectiveness and efficiency of transactional procurement and materials management process, including necessary systems and controls, to insure seamless operation of purchase to pay processes, materials management and warehouse operations across the site.
- Coach and mentor the Procurement & Warehouse team to ensure capability development and succession planning, providing sustainable performance and delivery of SCM activities, with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Champion EHS&S agenda within Procurement and Warehouse Operations teams, and with the Refinery Supplier Base, through rigorous sourcing, contracting and supplier management activities.
- Ensure behaviors and actions are compliant with all applicable Andeavor SCM standards, policies, and Limits of Authority. Ensure compliance with the Law and Andeavor's code of conduct. Monitor suppliers and contractors as appropriate to ensure they work in a manner consistent with the code and our Guiding Principles.
- Participate in performance management framework for the site’s SCM activities, ensuring accuracy of reporting, reviewing performance with site leadership and leading performance interventions as required. Manage key local supplier relationships as appropriate.
- Manage the annual operating expense budget for the Martinez SCM team as well as being accountable for all activity planning, metrics reporting and delivery of the annual SCM performance plan, in support of the Refinery.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance or related discipline required
- MBA preferred.
- All Procurement and Supply Chain Certifications a plus
- Preferred 10+ years overall work experience, with the following (experience may overlap):
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Manager or Supervisor capacity required.
- Minimum of 5 years procurement, supply chain, commercial, contract development or contract management experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Operational Procurement, with understanding of P2P and overall Procurement Process.
- Minimum of 2 years energy industry experience required
Additional Skill Sets Useful:
- Strong contracting skills with in depth understanding of the various contract Terms and Conditions, with ability to write and/or validate scope, indemnities, liabilities, etc.
- Ability to develop negotiations strategy and conduct negotiations with the capability to meet targets, manage concessions and deliver results
- Ability to analyze and interpret data for use in decision-making and actions in support of business strategy.
- SAP, Ariba, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Office
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Martinez || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-1 || |Other Corporate Functions || 94553 ||
Job Reference #: 75541