Director, Maintenance and Reliability (72681)
Requisition ID: 72681
Provides leadership, direction and strategies for maintenance and reliability teams to ensure a safe, efficient, and reliable
operation. Plays a key role in developing and implementing maintenance and reliability strategies to achieve operational goals.
- Actively participates, as member of the leadership team, in development of Southwest Gathering’s strategic and operational plans.
- Establishes department-specific objectives aligning with Logistics’ targets for safety, regulatory compliance, reliability, and efficiency.
- Asset Reliability. Leads initiatives to capitalize on opportunities to improve profitability through asset reliability. Works with Operations and Engineering personnel to effectively resolve equipment issues. Identifies and tracks metrics to encourage and demonstrate reliability. Assist team with Root Cause Failure Analysis to identify opportunities and ensure practical solutions are implemented.
- Maintenance Execution. Ensures maintenance activities are executed safely, efficiently and cost effectively. Identify and implement work practices such as repair plans, planning checklists, and work prioritization.
- Continuous Improvement. Identify new strategies to improve maintenance practices and reliability including new technology.
- Operations Support. Leads the Maintenance & Reliability teams to provide outstanding customer service to the Operations groups on a daily basis.
- Manages maintenance budget. Exercises financial stewardship to control expenditures. May have joint fiscal accountability with other departments.
- Manages staff. Ensures personnel are resourced and trained to successfully perform maintenance activities. Initiates selection, promotion and corrective actions when appropriate; accountable for fair and uniform application of human resources policies. Oversees career paths and succession planning.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or other relevant technical discipline required.
- Minimum 10 years’ reliability and maintenance experience in Midstream Oil & Gas or Refining industries. At least 5 years’ supervisory/management experience in progressively responsible positions required.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Midland || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-JC-1 || |Logistics || 79706 ||
Job Reference #: 72681