Requisition ID: 74623
Drafter/Designer will create new drawings as required and execute redline updates to ensure that operations drawing records are maintained as current and accurate across the assigned region. Designer will provide subject matter expertise on occasional walk downs and perform training on walk downs, redlining practices, and AutoCAD (basics) as required by the business. Designer will work closely with the Document Control department in managing drawings according to Andeavor standards, and work closely with the capital projects and operations team to support drawing best practices.
Position will predominantly support drafting activities across Andeavor Logistics facilities in North Dakota; however, the position may provide supplementary support to other Logistics areas as required by workloads. Facility types include, but are not limited to:
- Gas Processing Plant
- Compressor Station
- Crude Pump Station
- Rail Terminal
- Truck Terminal
- Oil Storage Facility
Will be responsible for the creation of new drawings, and the update of existing drawings based on operations, engineering, or other qualified redlines. Drawing types include, but are not limited to:
- Electric Control Drawings;
- Electrical One-Lines/Single-Lines;
- Hazardous Area Classification;
- Instrumentation and Controls;
- Process Flow Diagrams;
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams;
- Plot Plans and associated;
- Vendor Drawings;
- Xref Drawings.
- Strictly adhere to established Drafting and Document Control processes while creating and maintaining drawings
- Position may conduct site visits to support training efforts, or to execute or support site walk downs
- High-school Degree; Bachelor’s degree or higher education preferred
- 5 years’ experience in drafting/design
- Prior drafting work experience within the oil/gas or chemicals/processing industry; Midstream/Pipeline experience preferred
- Special Skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills
- Knowledgeable of ‘redlining’ best practices for operators and drafters
- Knowledgeable understanding of industry drawing types (One-lines, PFD, P&IDs, Plot Plans, etc)
- Knowledge on how to execute a site walk down
- Strong understanding of AutoCAD
- Experience working within CADWorx P&ID Professional (preferred, not required)
- Overnight travel, limited
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Mandan || North Dakota || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 58554 ||
Job Reference #: 74623