Customer Service Representative SuperAmerica
The Customer Service Representative is the Customer Service Expert. Provides exceptional Customer Service to every SuperAmerica customer while running the register and working on the sales floor. Embodies and exhibits our commitment in every interaction with the customer and surrounding employees. Ensures every customer leaves the store satisfied with the service provided and feels confident that the customer is willing to make a return visit to the store.
- Monitors customer flow and interrupts all other activities when customer service is needed.
- Customer Interaction: Consciously work to create positive customer interactions and shows a willingness to go above and beyond to satisfy the customer when the situation demands.
- Understands, actively demonstrates and promotes the principles of our vision statement.
- Conforms to dress codes and appearance standards to make the customer feel comfortable and welcome. This includes grooming, cleanliness, uniform policy, eating, drinking and smoking policy and overall professional appearance consistent with policy.
- Interacts with customers to create a positive customer experience.
- Greets customers appropriately, listens, and stays attentive and engaged.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Addresses customer concerns immediately; seeks appropriate resolution for the situation following SuperAmerica guidelines. Does not stop until the customer is satisfied.
- Maintains a pleasant attitude when dealing with customers, co-workers and vendors.
- Store Appearance: Creates an atmosphere that welcomes customers and makes them want to return to our stores.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and store (inside and outside) and completes other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors, emptying trashing cans, and shoveling snow.
- Assists in proper back room storage to promote an organized work environment.
- Ensures that all offerings meet the required stock levels and presentation standards.
- Assists in maintaining proper signage in place to feature all advertised and promoted items.
- Product Availability: Ensures products are in-stock, in date, and available for the customer's purchase. Overall, is sensitive to the needs of our customers.
- Is knowledgeable of SuperAmerica's products and services in order to properly address customers' needs.
- Communicates information and promotions to customers and employees.
- Properly stocks shelves, dates and rotates products and adds back stock to displays as needed. Front faces all product and informs management of a low or out-of-stock product.
- Observes customer shopping behavior to determine if product should be added or removed to enhance store image and organization of products.
- Reliable, responsible, and dependable.
- Treats people fairly with dignity and respect. Personal conduct is honest and ethical.
- Maintains a positive attitude. Keeps composure and emotions in check, controls anger, and avoids aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Willingness to take on responsibility and challenges.
- Projects a sense of happiness and well-being to customers and employees. Has enthusiasm that spreads to others.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the team and understands and shares the company's commitment.
- Reports all time worked, on or off site, for appropriate compensation.
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's and the organization's intentions.
- Follows through on commitments and models appropriate workplace behavior.
Health, Environment, Safety and Security
- Demonstrates a high value for HES issues, initiatives and programs in both personal and organizational responsibilities.
- Integrates HES into day-to-day job performance. Maintains a safe environment for all customers, employees and self.
- Follows proper security procedures to exceed loss goals and models appropriate security behavior for the safety of every customer and employee.
- Adheres to all applicable laws related to the sales of age restricted products, alcohol beverages, tobacco and fuel products.
- Responds quickly to all emergencies for the safety and security of customers and employees and notifies the proper authorities as required.
Execution of Store Functions
- Runs/manages the POS when customers are ready to make purchases, interrupts any other activity when customer service is required.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills; knows how to handle all transactions (i.e. cash, checks, credit cards, EBT, etc.) and related programs (i.e. gift cards, money orders, coupons, lottery, My SA Rewards Card, etc.).
- Issues receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Assists on sales floor and outdoors with product stocking, cleaning, etc. to ensure store appearance supports the principles of our mission statement.
- Utilizes task worksheets as designated.
- Maintains and cleans equipment to improve customer satisfaction.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks and supports procedures for additional repairs to eliminate inconvenience to the customer.
- Sales Focus
- Assists in maintaining proper signage and correct pricing.
- Actively influences customers to buy merchandise/products.
- Ensures items are displayed properly per the merchandising and marketing program.
- Front faces all product and informs management of a low or out-of-stock product.
- Food Focus
- Ensures food service products are fresh, appealing, and safe by front facing and rotating products appropriately and removing out-of-date products.
- Cleans and maintains food service area to make a lasting impression on the customer.
- Is familiar with and actively participates in improving Food Service Programs for repeated purchases.
- Follows and complies with all health and sanitation procedures and adheres to safe work practices.
- Asset Control
- Adheres to all policies on operating pump controls, POS, accepting money and credit cards and making correct change.
- Observes customers at the pumps and inside the store, answering questions and assures that products are properly dispensed and purchased.
- Places money into the safe when the amount of cash in the POS exceeds designated amount.
- Utilizes the seamless shift change procedure.
- Completes other duties as assigned by management.
- Is at least 18 years of age (due to state laws governing alcohol sales).
- Understands, actively demonstrates and promotes the principles of our commitment statement.
- Exhibits willingness to learn and a desire to succeed.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of the store operation and proficiency to perform the listed job responsibilities.
- Completion of all required training classes.
- Retail/Customer Service experience preferred
- Service Orientation -- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Ability to perform repeatedly and for extended periods of time: bending, standing, reaching, climbing, twisting/turning, pushing/pulling, squatting/kneeling/stooping, walking, and grasping.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
SA 8510 Shakopee MN,Minnesota,55379-1869,United States
Job Reference #: 5000328626606