The cook is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
Major Job Tasks
- Prepares of directs preparation of food served using established procedures.
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required
- Ensures availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards. Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Apportions food for serving.
- Maintains daily production records.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are followed, health department regulations, to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Practices preventative safety procedures to maintain an accident free workplace. Responds appropriately to emergency situations and report all accidents.
- 13. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef's knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire, and noise.
- Seeing: Must be able to see to prepare food and clean cooking area.
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers
- Talking: Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility: Major job tasks require the ability to stand for entire work shift.
- Bending/Reaching/Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to bend, reach, or stoop. Must be able to work off a step stool or ladder in order to reach supplies.
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Physical effort up to 50 pounds.
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Major job tasks require constant application of manual skills involving motor coordination and finger dexterity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven experience as a cook
- Experience using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling, etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
Education and Experience
1-2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SA 8510 Shakopee MN,Minnesota,55379-1869,United States