Controls Engineer (70446)
Provides electrical, instrumentation, and controls engineering support for gathering systems, pipelines, terminals, compressor stations, and gas processing plants. Responsible to provide SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) support and maintenance including PLC and HMI programming, data gathering from well head measurement, PID control loops, maintaining historical data and reports for operations, measurement and engineering.
- Works on capital projects including the review of electrical, controls, and network drawings, programming and commissioning of the controls system, and providing startup support including troubleshooting and loop tuning.
- Programs and maintains various PLCs and HMIs but primarily Allen Bradley PLCs/HMIs and GE iFix HMIs. Supports operations and engineering through the MOC process, ongoing maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Supports a wide range of communications protocols, networks, and radio telemetry including Ethernet I/O, Device Level Rings, Ethernet Radios, Serial Radios, Modbus and OPC.
- Responsible to provide alarming and proper annunciation for operations including strobes and horns and maintaining a call out system.
- Maintains proper controls documentation including cause and effect diagrams, controls narratives, and network drawings. Responsible to program according to these documents and update them as part of the MOC process.
- Serves as primary leak detection contact for operations, responsible for specifying and reviewing system upgrades to promote world class leak detection.
- Works with engineering, measurement and operations on designing, commissioning, troubleshooting LACT skids and gathering systems.
- Works extended hours, including nights and weekends, in process operations environment and during periods of inclement weather. Responds to upset conditions during off-hours.
* Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in electrical or controls engineering preferred.
* 5-10 years industry experience in Electrical, Instrumentation, and Controls Engineering
* Experience in PLC & HMI Programming including Allen Bradley PLCs
* Strong communication skills with ability to work independently and report on work activity.
* Understanding of PLC Programming including ladder logic, function block, and structured text.
* Understanding of various networks and protocols.
* Understanding of Industry Specific Standards such as NEC, API, and DOT standards.
* Operations are performed 7 days a week 24 hours a day; therefore, continuous support is required including rotational weekend on call support.
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline, Rebel and Tesoro® brands. Our full-service logistics business, a master limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 29 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 15 million barrels of storage capacity; two crude oil rail facilities; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
EOE: Race / Sex / Veteran / Disability
Posting Notes: || Vernal || Utah || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-1 || |Engineering; Logistics || 84078 ||
Job Reference #: 70446