Contracts Administrator (70603)
Requisition ID: 70603
- Participates in, and leads as needed, planning processes to identify upcoming needs. Communicates with internal stakeholders regarding their needs and solicit feedback and participation. Develops contracting strategies as required, given project or service requirements (e.g. lump sum, T & M), and chooses contracting vehicles appropriate to situations.
- Implements processes reflecting consistency with Tesoro’s procurement philosophies and related company policies. Manages certificate of insurance and rate schedule change processes
- Qualifies or pre-qualifies contractors to assurance capabilities in areas such as safety and health, financial well-being (e.g. bonding capability), labor and equipment rates, employment/resource levels, licenses, reference checks and background check policy implementation. Develops approved contractors lists, maintain sub-contractor lists, and work with end users in scope development as appropriate.
- Negotiates key commercial terms and conditions. Analyzes RFQ packages and labor rates. Develops awareness of associated risks with key stakeholders. Liaises with Legal and Risk Management staffs as required to ensure contractual terms and conditions are acceptable and serve to minimize risk. Creates purchase orders to release work. Manages lien waivers and progress payment processes. Manages records retention as required.
- Monitors contractor performance. Utilizes existing systems to manage contracts and related information. Tracks and documents scope of work changes. Communicates with contractors as focal point for ongoing issue resolution, including warranty issues.
- Provides work leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Mgmt., Business, Engineering, Materials Management, or a related field
- 2 or more years of procurement contract administration or a related field
- Business Acumen
- Project Management
- Purchase to Pay
- Relationship Management
- Risk Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Contract Negotiating
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Carson || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-AA-1 || |Other Corporate Functions || 90810 ||
Job Reference #: 70603