Consulting Engineer, FCC & Alkylation (71944)
Requisition ID: 71944
Provide technical guidance and leadership to all refineries for Fluidized Catalytic Cracking (FCC) and Sulfuric and HF Alkylation technologies. Apply expert level knowledge in setting technical direction, and operating boundaries to deliver the safe, reliable and profitable operation.
- Lead the FCC and Alkylation Technical Networks
- Mentor and train the site Operation Support Engineers (OSE) on predicting and identifying safety, reliability and profitability opportunities on FCC and Alkylation technologies. Training can be formal internal or external training, and on-the-job training (TAR, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Set standards for monitoring process conditions and help the refinery engineers comprehend current and expected future operations relative to safety, reliability and profitability goals.
- Support troubleshooting efforts with the goal of building OSE capability.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts that the OSE cannot solve.
- Support the OSE in optimizing the unit, including charge, yield and cycle length.
- Effectively communicate with the OSE on potential problems and opportunities that they missed. This includes safety, reliability and profitability concerns.
- Work with the OSE and planning and modeling group to ensure planning model accuracy and that key operating variables are relevant.
- Support the OSE on all aspects of catalyst management: performance monitoring, performance reviews with vendors, cycle goals and catalyst selection.
- Support shutdown/startups and TARs as needed. Support development of TAR process report.
- Support technical aspects of operating procedures
- Develop standards to improve safety and reliability for the process technology
- Benchmark industry technology and operating developments. Participation in industry meetings, dialog with technology providers, and review literature as needed to maintain a world-class understanding their assigned technology.
- Educate the sites on best practices and technology and the associated business case.
- Conduct cross-functional detailed unit reviews to identify deficiencies and opportunities
- Support the refineries in identify unit performance improvement opportunities (capacity, yield, conversion, cycle, product quality, opex, safety).
- Support technology selection, scope definition, PFD and P&ID reviews, HAZOP, LOPA as needed.
- Consult on the development of projects to improve safety, reliability, and profitability
- Support and help strategy create and maintain a long-term strategy for their assigned units and technology.
- Endorse project scope and technology selections for capital project AFE approval
- Approve deviations and changes to company standards as required.
- Ensure that the sites understand process safety risks and issues for their assigned technology. Facilitate sharing of unit incidents and near misses from both Andeavor and industry experience.
- Participate in industry forums and technology specific industry safety committees to understand emerging process safety risks for their assigned technology.
- Participate in periodic updates of generic LOPA templates for their assigned technology
- Provide technical support for PHA and LOPA reviews as required
Develop and maintain a technology specific company process safety and reliability standard
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemical engineering required
- Minimum 20 or more years process engineering experience in petrochemical industry required
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Anacortes || Washington || United States (US) || SF:LI-RS-1 || |Engineering; Refinery Operations || 98221 ||
Job Reference #: 71944