Construction Lead - PNW/AK (72941)
Requisition ID: 72941
Oversees contractor construction of pipeline work.
- Main Point of Contact with Project Management, ROW, and Engineering during Project Development and Front-End Loading (FEL)
- Works with Project Managers and Construction Contractors to Establish the Construction Work Plan, including Cost Estimates and Schedules
- Establishes Resource Requirements for Construction
- Identifies Risk, Mitigation Measures, and Contingency Plans
- Provides Input for Outside Permit Applications
- Participates in Construction Contractor Selection Process
- Leads Constructability Reviews
- Works with Project Managers and Project Controls to Optimize Field Construction Plans and Schedules
- Reviews and Endorses Project and Construction Execution Plans, De-Commissioning and Commissioning Plans, LOTO & Facility Release Documents
- Validates Construction Project Books are Complete and Field Ready - Notebooks, Drawings, Specifications, Permits, P.O.’s, Material Lists, Special Construction Requirements, Field Construction Checklists, Contractor Safety, Security, Health, and Environmental Plans (SSHEP), ISN OQ Information.
- Provides Project Orientation for Field Construction Job Representatives - Person in Charge (PICs); Provides Direction to PICs during Construction
- Performs Field Activity Spot Checks and Audits
- Approves Post-Construction Documentation prior to Delivery to Project Managers
- Participates in Project Reviews and Lessons-Learned
- Provides Input to Evaluate Performance of Construction Contractors, Field Support Services, and PIC’s
- PIC for Large and/or Complex Projects (see PIC Roles and Responsibilities) and When Dictated by Workload
- Manages field activities to support Heavy Maintenance Engineer in execution of portfolio of projects or maintenance activities.
- Participates in Front End Loading (FEL) discussions.
- Prepares job pac and drawings.
- Ensures the accuracy of the required documentation (i.e. project files).
- Assists with the Execution Plan and recommends ways to optimize the construction.
- Reviews and approves the contractor qualifications.
- Completes and maintains DOT construction records for small projects and heavy maintenance activities on DOT pipelines and terminals.
- B.S. in Engineering or Construction Management (may be able to substitute Equivalent Experience.
PREFFERED EXPERIENCE / CERTIFIFCATIONS
- AWS CWI and API 653
- Minimum 5 years Experience in Field Construction and Supervisory Experience
- Minimum 7 years Experience with Hydrocarbon Pipelines and Terminals (Construction and Major Maintenance)
- Proven Project and Construction Management Experience including Project Development, Planning, Front-End Loading, Execution, and Commissioning
- Well-versed regarding current Industry Codes and Standards Relevant to Hydrocarbon Pipeline and Terminal Construction, Welding, and Safety
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Kenai || Alaska || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-1 || |Engineering; Logistics || 99611 ||
Job Reference #: 72941