Commissioning Manager (76763)
Requisition ID: 76763
Serve as primary contact for Instrumentation and SCADA/Controls System support and commissioning activities for SW Gathering maintenance and capital projects. Manages the PSSR activities as part of the commissioning efforts.
- Supports SCADA & PLC/Control System modernization projects and capital projects through involvement in control system specifications, hardware and software design, testing, commissioning, training, and documentation. Develops new and modifies existing control system configuration as needed. Ensures all control systems are backed up in an effective and timely manner. Leads in developing functional specification documents, logic diagrams and control narratives to provide guidance in system programming development.
- Provides support through all phases of capital and expense projects. Participates in technical reviews to ensure detailed engineering meets design specifications, codes and engineering standards. Assists team in Project Execution stage in completion of detailed design, construction and installation of facilities and equipment. Develops in-house, contract and vendor resources for use at the local level that provide high levels of technical and engineering support.
- Provides instrumentation & control system support to capital project team and regional personnel. May serve as project manager on instrumentation & controls projects overseeing field execution. Provides specifications and installation guidelines for controls & instrumentation and devices and systems ensuring compliance with established industry standards.
- Performs primary and end element sizing, selection, and specification of field devices. Provides input into P&ID (piping and instrumentation diagrams) to reflect field changes. Conducts technical reviews of vendor/contractor instrumentation & controls design to ensure compliance with project specifications and applicable standards and codes. Provides input into work scope development. Prepares cost and resource estimates. Evaluates bids. Performs cost/benefits analysis for technical solutions.
- Mentors instrumentation and electrical technicians in technologies and work practices. Provides control system & instrumentation training to regional personnel. Documents and maintains reliability databases for controls, instrumentation and electrical assets.
- Provides support for investigations on adverse incidents involving instrument & control system disturbances and equipment failures. Ensures regional compliance with Process Safety Management and Management of Change (MOC). Participate in HAZOP & LOPA activities and any necessary resulting SIL studies to ensure any designated Safety Instrumented System meets Corporate SIS standards.
- Serves as primary contact for commissioning activities associated with maintenance and capital projects including PSSR activities.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in electrical, instrumentation or controls engineering preferred.
- Minimum 10 years electrical/instrument & controls experience.
- Experience in PLC controller programming.
- Ability to travel and work extended hours including nights and weekends.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Carlsbad || New Mexico || United States (US) || None || |Logistics; Other Corporate Functions || 88220 ||
Job Reference #: 76763