Provides customer service leadership/direction for entire store while assisting in overseeing the efficient retail operation in accordance with Company policies and in compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws. Properly trains employees to ensure all store positions are staffed to appropriately handle Customer Service. Ensures the store maximizes sales and profits while maintaining asset controls.
- Monitors customer flow and interrupts all other work activities when customer service is required.
- Customer Interaction: Consciously works to create positive customer interactions and shows a willingness to go above and beyond when the situation demands.
- Understands, actively demonstrates and promotes the principles of our commitment statement.
- Conforms to and ensures all associates conform to dress codes and appearance standards to make the customer feel comfortable and welcome. This includes grooming, cleanliness, uniform policy, eating, drinking and smoking policy and overall professional appearance consistent with policy.
- Addresses customer concerns immediately; seeks appropriate resolution for the situation following SuperAmerica guidelines. Does not stop until the customer is satisfied.
- Maintains a pleasant attitude when dealing with customers, vendors and coworkers.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills; knows how to handle all transactions (i.e. cash, check, credit cards, EBT, etc.) and related programs (i.e. gift cards, money orders, coupons, lottery, My SA Rewards Card, etc.).
- Store Appearance: Creates an atmosphere that welcomes customers and makes them want to return to our stores.
- Promotes and maintains a clean and organized store appearance inside and out.
- Effectively supervises plan-o-gram integrity to promote a customer friendly visual presentation.
- Ensures proper signage is in place to feature all advertised and promoted items.
- Ensures all items are priced consistently and updated on a timely basis as needed.
- Product Availability/Inventory Management: Ensures products are in-stock, in date, and available for the customer's purchase.
- Ensures items are displayed properly per the merchandising and marketing program.
- Understands the benefit of minimizing back stock and actively manages back stock.
- Audits inventory on a regular basis and develop staff to manage accurate on-hand quantities.
- Ensures all merchandising and marketing programs are executed properly.
- Ensures each shift is properly facing and rotating products and adding back stock to displays as needed.
- Trains associates on ordering products, verifying deliveries and posting accurate invoices.
Leadership of Staff
- Provides support to store during required hours, typically opposite shifts from the Store Manager, including but not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays. In the Store Manager's absence, must be available to take and respond to phone calls or report to the store outside of regular work hours.
- Employee Interaction:
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's and the organizations intentions.
- Follows through on commitments and sets the right example for others to follow.
- Serves as a mentor to new employees and models appropriate workplace behavior.
- Helps to build confidence by assisting and empowering staff to make correct decisions.
- Treats people fairly with dignity and respect.
- Fosters a collaborative, friendly, fun work environment.
- Creates excitement around store contests and motivates associates to drive sales goals.
- Fosters personal encouragement through recognizing and rewarding good performance.
- Individual is autonomous, seeks out responsibility, and is held accountable for results both good and bad.
- Seeks to solve the problem or correct the action.
- Delegates both responsibility and authority when appropriate, and follows up to ensure proper completion.
- Reports all time worked, on or off site, for appropriate compensation.
- Identifies and attracts outgoing, customer-focused individuals to build the Customer Driven workforce.
- Where applicable, assists with interviewing, helps make employment decisions including hiring, evaluating, scheduling, training, and disciplining employees.
- Ensures all applications are forwarded to recruiting centers on a daily basis, when applicable.
- Communicates staffing forecast to recruiting centers, where applicable.
- Trains on the fundamentals behind being a Customer Service Expert, specifically:
- Creating positive customer interactions.
- Fostering willingness to go above and beyond to resolve customer service issues and prevent future occurrences when the situation demands.
- Promotes the principles of SuperAmerica's commitment statement.
- Empowers employees to address customer concerns immediately and until the customer is satisfied within their authority.
- Trains and maintains food experts to support the overall food effort while engaging the entire staff to complete food related duties as necessary.
- Maintains high staff retention by developing leaders, empowering employees and increasing employees' level of productivity.
- Keeps associates engaged, motivated and promotes a sense of ownership through continued training on customer perceptions, products, and promotions.
- Encourages feedback.
- Utilizes available tools to train employees and improve execution.
Health, Environment, Safety & Security
- Demonstrates a high value for HES issues, initiatives and programs in both personal and organizational responsibilities.
- Integrates HES into day-to-day job performance. Maintains a safe environment for all customers, employees and self. Understands how to handle customer and employee injuries, incidents and accidents.
- Adheres to and trains associates on all applicable laws related to the sales of age restricted products, alcohol beverages, tobacco and fuel products.
- Responds quickly to all emergencies for the safety and security of customers and employees and notifies the proper authorities as required.
Execution of Store Functions
- Sales Focus:
- Ensures proper signage and pricing are in place to stimulate customer purchase frequency.
- Ensures items are displayed properly per the merchandising and marketing program.
- Food Focus
- Ensures food service products are fresh and appealing by front facing and rotating products appropriately and removing out-of-date products.
- Follows and complies with all health and sanitation procedures and adheres to safe work practices.
- Utilizes various tools to ensure proper scheduling of all staff consistent with customer activity.
- Conducts area pricing surveys (requiring the manager to drive his or her own vehicle), reports the results and adjusts sales prices as directed.
- Determines the amount of fuel products on hand through established procedures.
- Encourages the use of approved tools to ensure work is challenging with a variety of tasks.
- Accurately completes the Daily Sales Report, payroll, bank deposit slips and other paperwork as required.
- Oversees the Team SuperAmerica Worksheet; ensuring all tasks have been completed thoroughly as dictated by shift and/or in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Follows all money handling policies and procedures.
- Performs and supervises all minor maintenance tasks and supports procedures for additional repairs/maintains work orders to eliminate inconvenience to the customer.
- Asset Control
- Minimizes preventable losses through employee development and retention.
- Adheres to and trains associates on all policies on operating pump controls, cash register, taking money and credit cards and making correct change.
- Observes customers at the pumps and inside the store, answers questions and assures that products are properly dispensed and purchased.
- Completes other duties as assigned by management.
- Is at least 18 years of age (due to state laws governing alcohol sales).
- Understands, actively demonstrates and promotes the principles of SuperAmerica's commitment statement.
- Exhibits leadership/people development skills and a desire to succeed.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of the store operation and proficiency to perform the listed job responsibilities.
- Completion of all required training classes.
- Must have a valid Driver's License from the state in which the Co-Manager resides.
- Must maintain automotive liability insurance during course of employment.
- Willing and available to work a variety of shifts consistent with the demands of the retail environment.
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Some College study preferred
- 2 years Retail Management or Shift Leader/Co-Manager Trainee
- Ability to perform repeatedly and for extended periods of time: bending, standing, reaching, climbing, twisting/turning, pushing/pulling, squatting/kneeling/stooping, walking, and grasping.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
SA 8510 Shakopee MN,Minnesota,55379-1869,United States
Job Reference #: 5000330525706