Requisition ID: 74542
Provides product quality assurance technical support for refinery laboratory.
- Provides technical support to ensure laboratory complies with ASTM DM 6792 laboratory quality control requirements such as, but not limited to, monitoring statistical quality control (SQC) charts, investigating out of control situations, development of SQC samples, performing audits, monitoring inter-laboratory proficiency testing and training. Reviews and interprets data and testing records and QA/QC data validation. Reviews data and instrument logbooks for abnormalities, trends or leading indicators. Promotes and enforces all regulatory and quality assurance compliance programs.
- Provides LIMS support. Administers and maintains LIMS system including equipment interfaces. Trains users. Configures reports.
- Responds to product quality assurance issues during off hours. As designated, may act as refinery quality assurance representative with outside agencies. Conducts non-routine analysis on products and intermediates for quality purposes. Evaluates data to determine whether additional testing is required.
- Provides technical support for analyzer calibration and validation. Performs and oversees all calibrations and instrument repairs using structured change management protocol. Provides support for FT NIR (Fourier Transform Near-Infrared) modeling by developing, calibrating, and monitoring models for gasoline streams for lab and on-line analyzers.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in chemistry or life sciences degree (such as, but not limited to, biology, biochemistry, microbiology) required.
- Minimum 3 years’ industrial chemist experience required.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Martinez || California || United States (US) || None || |Refinery Operations || 94553 ||
Job Reference #: 74542