Cathodic Protection Specialist - Carlsbad (73748)
Requisition ID: 73748
Provides oversight of all Cathodic Protection (CP) annual and monthly spread checks, rectifier reports, close interval surveys, CP projects, annual CP reports, and oversees all contractor work for installation and maintenance of new CP rectifiers or ground beds. Provides oversight for internal pipeline corrosion monitoring programs, analysis of pipeline coatings or coating failures, terminal CP systems for our tank farms and underground piping, and overall best practices for CP systems for all our Pipeline Terminal & Trucking assets. Establishes consistency of our CP systems and documentation across all of the Pipeline Terminal & Trucking operating areas. Oversees the Logistics coating specifications and procedures for above ground tanks and above ground piping and works with other project managers to determine coatings to be specified for various projects.
- Manages corrosion control systems on pipeline and terminal assets in eight states. Maintains Tesoro's Cathodic Protection (CP) systems to ensure all facilities are protected and are compliant with local and federal agency requirements.
- Coordinates annual CP surveys. Reviews annual CP reports and consultant recommendations. Makes recommendations for projects required to maintain compliance and protection of Tesoro facilities.
- Maintains CP files including OQ, annual surveys, IMP, etc. Oversees the troubleshooting of CP systems and the installation of l bonds and test stations as required.
- Manages CP capital and expense projects which may include installation or replacement of ground beds, replace rectifiers, installation/replacement of CP test stations and installation of CP bonds. Prepares CP project scope and cost estimates; schedules and selects equipment and material; and directs and supports contractors to successfully accomplish project goals.
- Coordinates with other operators regarding CP systems. Provides training of operations and field staff. Prepares support packages for proposed CP projects. Ensures project compliance with federal and state regulations. Attends and participates in regulatory audits with DOT, ADEC, DNR, etc.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED. Technical degree in the electrical or electronics field preferred.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Carlsbad || New Mexico || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 88220 ||
Job Reference #: 73748