Carrier Performance Specialist (75781)
Requisition ID: 75781
Responsible for the performance management and metric tracking of 3rd party carriers to include carrier audits, development and management of performance improvement plans, facilitating monthly carrier scorecard reviews, and the implementation / communication of any changes to carrier delivery requirements. Assists Procurement with the qualifying of carriers, contract management, and transportation bid facilitation.
- Discovers, extracts, and manipulates data from various sources (SAP/Telapoint/TMW/E-Logger) to populate various scorecards intended for audiences ranging from hourly employees to executive leadership.
- Assists with the coordination of carrier contracting, freight bids, and carrier vetting.
- Acts as the single point of accountability for all freight rates, fuel surcharge programs, freight invoicing disputes and carrier bonus programs.
- Responsible for all delivery issue investigation, root cause analysis, and required incident reporting.
- Facilitates monthly performance reviews with carriers and acts as a liaison between carriers and various Tesoro departments (AP, Dispatch, Procurement).
- Analyzes requested rates increases to determine market evaluation of services and provides recommendations.
- Drives continuous improvements to the delivery process by collaboratively working with carriers and operations to seek out opportunities to improve efficiencies thru SOP development.
- Ensures contract compliance, manages carrier performance improvement plans and conduct periodic carrier compliance audits.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Logistics, or related discipline required.
- Minimum 5 years in Logistics preferably in the oil and gas industry required.
Data analysis/Presentation/MS Excel (Intermediate)
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 75781