Capital Planning Coordinator - Retail (75161)
Requisition ID: 75161
The Capital Project Specialist is a key member of the Retail Capital Planning and Project Controls team responsible for the support and administration of Construction and Engineering activities in the implementation of capital and major maintenance projects. The Capital Project Specialist will work with a variety of professionals, such as project managers, project control managers, engineers, purchasing and supply chain agents, and cost accountants. The Capital Project Specialist will coordinate business processes related to financial management, purchase order creation, project close-out, as well as assist in developing and monitoring key metrics and perform quality control reviews to help ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Assist Construction & Engineering (C&E) group with navigating the Capital funding lifecycle.
- Track and monitor financial performance relative to the project budgets.
- Serves as an internal point person for funding and purchasing activity.
- Receive and review project funding requests and purchase requisitions for completeness and proper level of approval.
- Support progress of projects by working with vendors to ensure price estimates meet business requirements.
- Coordinate with department management to develop, implement, maintain, and train on professional, ethical, efficient and effective funding and buying practices.
- Work closely with other internal business units to ensure alignment and cohesive efforts.
- Ensure all departmental procurement activities are compliant with company policy, standards, and practices.
- Contribute to the overall success of Retail Facilities by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of purchasing management and administration principles is required.
- Minimum two years of experience in construction accounting responsibilities is preferred.
- Proficiency with SAP, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs is required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to actively manage change.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, work efficiently both independently and with a team.
- Willing and able to travel for some items such as orientation, training, and events.
- Ability to take work direction and perform routine tasks, while working independently and initiating action when needed.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Tempe || Arizona || United States (US) || SF:LI-YCP-1 || |Retail || 85202 ||
Job Reference #: 75161