Requisition ID: 75903
Marathon’s St. Paul Park Refinery has a full-time, exempt opening for a Turnaround and Projects Buyer. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that the competitive bidding process is followed; review and approve all purchase orders per the company signature and Limits of Authority.
The Buyer will support the organization for major maintenance events (often referred to as Turnaround/TAR) and procurement for materials/services on large projects. They will have oversight of the inventory related to these events and give direction to contractors helping support this area.
- Lead and execute bids for maintenance events and large projects, including sourcing and pre-qualification of suppliers and bid evaluations arriving at best overall value
- Drive commercial negotiations while developing purchasing recommendations prior to sourcing of services and material purchase orders.
- Responsible for pursuing and tracking Value Creation, related to the role’s activities, for the department
- Execute ordering for supported projects and departments
- Foster supplier relationships with vendor base, for related services and materials.
- Function as procurement team member in communicating with the cross functional teams, in supporting successful cradle to grave supply chain functions.
- Coordinate with department activities and resources to achieve delivery of all materials, equipment, and services; expediting deliveries as necessary.
- Support the requesting departments with budget and/or firm quotes, pricing, and lead time, in a timely matter
- Engage with teams across the organization, both locally and on a corporate level
- Support inventory management within the Turnaround and Projects/Engineering group
- Assess and manage the commercial risk associated with large orders
- Ensure compliance with established strategies, contracts, policies, and procedures.
- Audit and resolve invoicing issues related to end of projects and turnaround activities
- Help coordinate contractor support services and amenities (water, tents, vending, etc.) for major events
- Participate in, and potentially lead, related meetings for assigned duties
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the supply market, including a strong understanding of the drivers of value and cost for principal providers in the market along with strong knowledge of the risks related to the market and how best to respond to them
- Will be purchasing from material categories related, but not limited to: Chemicals, Pipe/Valves/Fittings, Vessels/Exchangers, Fabricated Products, Rental Equipment (compressors, tanks, light-plants, utility vehicles, trailers, etc.), Catalyst (and related equipment/services), Hoses, Gaskets
- Other duties as assigned
- Consistently maintain highest ethical and professional standards as governed by company and personal mandates
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's degree preferred (in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Business Operations, or related field). In leu of a degree, additional experience will be considered
- 3-5 years’ experience managing procurement functions; preferably related to manufacturing/refining and/or capital projects
- Experience with long lead time items and high dollar spends
- Possession of good problem-solving, organization, and reporting skills
- Demonstrated abilities to engage and influence stakeholders
- Ability to manage large, long-term, complex projects with multiple challenges and deadlines
- MS Office experience with expertise in Excel
- Familiarity with ERP systems; preferably SAP
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Saint Paul || Minnesota || United States (US) || SF:LI-AA-1 || |Other Corporate Functions || 55071 ||
Job Reference #: 75903