Business Training Specialist (71947)
Responsible for the effective development, coordination and presentation of learning and development programs for Logistics fleet employees. Applies adult-learning theories to assess, design, deliver and evaluate skills and compliance training initiatives. Collaborates with operations, safety, security and environmental stakeholders to ensure compliance with regulatory and corporate employee training requirements.
- Supports the design and the development of learning programs to promote safe, compliant and reliable fleet operations.
- Identifies and prioritizes performance gaps, diagnoses root causes, and collaborates with management to deliver effective learning solutions.
- Coordinates training vendor relationships to include evaluation and provide feedback to help improve the impact of programs and courses.
- Works with Program Managers and/or vendors to manage learning programs and initiatives.
- Builds training plan, formulates teaching outline and determines delivery methods (e.g., instructor-led, virtual, web-based/e-learning, individual instruction, self-study, etc.).
- Delivers training to all levels of employees.
- Measures pre- and post-training performance using established training metrics to evaluate effectiveness in meeting stated outcomes.
- Conducts group training sessions as well as individual training to newly assigned employees.
- Utilizes various training tools and techniques to train/qualify fleet employees on standard procedures and company policies.
- Maintains training records for all fleet employees to ensure compliance and remain audit-ready.
- Provides technical ideas/advice to other team members to enhance team performance. Develops and reviews training content as directed.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Minimum Associates Degree in a related field preferred.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a fuel products driver preferred.
Minimum 2 years of training and/or instructional design experience required.
Minimum 3 years of knowledge of DOT/OSHA regulations preferred.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred.
- Local area travel required.
- Basic computer skills required, especially with MS Office suite.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || El Paso || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-1 || |Logistics || 87109 ||
Job Reference #: 71947