Business Development Manager - Mexico (76383)
Requisition ID: 76383
Responsible for building and maintaining effective long-term relationships with regulators, business partners, and customers within Mexico. Assists Country Manager in developing activities related to downstream energy business in Mexico as well as supporting efforts in other Latin American countries as requested. Has a deep understanding of Mexico related business, financials, products/services and overall market dynamics.
- Develops and maintains a good image and reputation for the Company and actively promotes our Guiding Principles and Core Values.
- Develops and communicates clear common messages to all stakeholders.
- Understands political effects on the energy sector as well as appropriately represents Company in government and business matters.
- Keeps abreast of Federal and State legislative, regulatory, environmental, cultural, social, financial, economic, political and business sector’s information.
- Observes and reports on competitive activities; new investments, promotions, pricing.
- Seeks out and analyzes new business opportunities within transportation fuel and specialty products markets
- Studies, analyzes, and reports on local economic and business environment, as well as market/competitor trends to proactively identify business threats and opportunities.
- Evaluates business opportunities and assists Country Manager to form strategies including strategic plan for the company pertaining to Mexico.
- Develops an understanding of the market factors affecting the profitability of Mexico Business Unit and keeps informed of market intelligence and industry trends. Gathers and communicates market intelligence to respective functions, through frequent contact with customers, industry counterparts, and industry information sources.
- Serves as subject matter expert concerning market flows and the physical and operational characteristics of the logistics system.
Education and Experience
- University degree (Licenciatura) in Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field required
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 or more years of experience working in the Mexican downstream refining sales and marketing industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience negotiating contracts, including proven record of managing multi-year commodities contracts
- Fluent in English and Spanish (both spoken & written)
- Demonstrated clear knowledge of Mexican market place (supply, demand, participants) and petroleum products logistics infrastructure
- Possesses a thorough understanding of refining and marketing industry key business drivers
- Ability to effectively communicate with key stakeholders, including executives
- Effective at working across functional lines and within natural work teams
- Effective at mentoring, coaching and developing analytical talent within department
- Ability to convert financial, business, competitive and industry information into actionable business initiatives
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-1 || |Commercial || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 76383