Requisition ID: 73701
Accountable for representing Andeavor’s "Company’s" interests in all matters relating to administration of the Tesoro California Refineries Construction & Maintenance Labor Agreement. Provides primary point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders. Strengthens Company’s strategic relationships with the building trades and provides feedback regarding turnaround, maintenance, and capital projects performance and refinery industry challenges. Represents Company at all labor/management national and state committee meetings and identifies any leverage opportunities to advance Company's political agenda in the State of California. Negotiates changes to and interprets agreement on behalf of Company’s management and contractors.
- Represents Company in all national and state building trade matters relating to administration of Tesoro California Refineries Construction & Maintenance Labor Agreement. Acts as lead spokesperson and represents Company in high-level labor forums related to national and state building trades matters. Negotiates changes to agreement in collaboration with Labor Relations. Represents Company, in concert with Labor Relations, at labor/management national and state committees’ meetings. Interfaces with local building trades unions, regional and district councils and international representatives.
- Works with other refinery owners who share same agreement to make future enhancements. Leads Company’s Building Trades Management Steering Committee.
- Leads development, standardization, implementation and institutionalization of contractor related-processes, efficiency and productivity improvements at California refineries. Identifies, captures and tracks labor cost savings and/or efficiency improvements. Provides agreement training, mentoring and coaching to company’s management and labor contractors.
- Provides guidance and direction to Company’s management, labor contractors and labor leadership regarding Company’s labor position. Directly supports operational management in application of the building trades contracts and provides guidance on resolving grievances. Provides guidance to local management participating on tripartite committees. Works with Labor Relations and Company’s sites to identify existing or potential labor issues that will negatively affect maintenance or project performance. Helps sites to determine corrective actions and develop a resolution strategy to mitigate issues. Provides agreement training, mentoring and coaching to Company’s management and labor contractors.
- Interacts with labor contractors to ensure agreement compliance and associated management rights. Engages labor contractors seeking to become signatory and ensure correct trade affiliation and agreement understanding.
- Builds relations with union representatives and works with site HR to resolve local issues as appropriate.
- Works closely with Company’s Government & Public Affairs team to keep current on building trades-related legislative efforts and to identify leverage opportunities to proactively advance company’s political agenda. Monitors building trades activities in other states to determine whether further action is required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or engineering discipline required.
- Minimum 12 or more years building trades labor relations or relevant experience with 3 years contract management experience required.
- Refinery operations or maintenance experience preferred.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Los Angeles || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-AS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 90810 ||