Bakery Production Supervisor - 2nd shift (74782)
Requisition ID: 74782
Provide supervision of up to 50 production employees by utilizing hourly Leads who oversee up to 15 employees. Keeps Production Manager up to date regarding issues of importance.
- Demonstrates a high value for Health, Environment, Safety & Security issues, initiatives and programs in both personal and organizational responsibilities. Promotes and maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Integrates Health, Environment, and Safety & Security into day-to-day job performance. Maintains a safe environment for all employees and self. Understand how to handle employee injuries, incidents and accidents.
- Conforms to and ensures all associates conform to dress codes. This includes grooming, cleanliness, uniform policy, eating, drinking and smoking policy and overall professional appearance consistent with policy.
- Provides support plant beyond regularly scheduled work times. If not available, ensures that a reliable back up has been provided.
- Serves as a mentor to new employees and models appropriate workplace behavior.
- Mentor and train the Lead personnel within the department.
- Completes performance appraisals for staff in a timely manner and spends quality time reviewing with employee.
- Fosters personal encouragement through recognizing and rewarding good performance.
- Delegates both responsibility and authority when appropriate, and follows up to ensure proper completion.
- Directs and coordinates activities involved with production and distribution of products.
- Coordinates variety and quantity of products to be produced, according to orders and sales projections.
- Enforces policies/procedures to utilize plant operations, human resources, machines, and materials productively.
- Works closely with temporary staffing representative to ensure department is fully staffed.
- Maintains high staff retention by developing leaders, empowering employees and increasing employees’ level of productivity.
- Offers feedback on process, procedures, and personnel to improve products, plant conditions, or personnel situations.
- Utilizes available tools to train employees and improve execution.
- Coordinate/write and post department schedules.
- Edit and approve employee time files.
- Works with specific Production Manager in developing disciplinary action ensuring that HR has reviewed and approved proposed language and action to be taken.
- Makes recommendations to specific Production Manager and Operations Manager in regards to potential termination of employees. Once approved, informs employee of termination with assistance from Production Manager.
- May be involved in creation and testing of new products.
- Communicates daily with other departments to ensure applicable procedures/policies are being adhered to.
- Ensures that all employees under their supervision have completed any required training.
- Communicates and works closely with Maintenance personnel in an effort to keep all equipment running properly.
- Conducts and/or participates in monthly department/line meetings and employee one-on-one meetings throughout the year.
- Inventories ingredients and supplies assigned to their department/line and communicating any needs to the Procurement Supervisor for ordering.
- Work with vendors monitoring inventory, sales, and new items
- Monitors all production within their area of responsibility to ensure the highest quality. Monitors and controls waste. Monitors and tracks daily unit production.
- Communicate new products/changes to affected personnel.
- Report food safety and quality problems to Quality Assurance or a lead or supervisor immediately.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (college degree preferred)
- Minimum of two to five years’ experience in the manufacturing environment (preferred production of bakery or commissary products)
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || St. Paul Park || Minnesota || United States (US) || SF:LI-LF1 || |Marketing; Other Corporate Functions; Retail || 55071 ||
Job Reference #: 74782