Associate Rail Scheduler (75725)
Requisition ID: 75725
Performs duties as assigned to support Tesoro’s rail functions; this role may include support of the rail scheduling, rail maintenance and/or rail invoice processing functions.
- Reconciles invoices by comparing to actual volumes transported, published tariffs, and contractual terms. Works with rail operations, refining, and commercial teams to investigate and resolve discrepancies affecting rail related costs. Communicates variances and resolutions to appropriate personnel.
- Provides management with actionable accounting analysis to effectively control rail costs. Conducts rail invoice auditing; rail demurrage auditing and rail detention auditing. Works with suppliers and rail carriers to resolve accounting disputes.
- Process Empty Freight, First Freight and Loaded Chemical Freight invoices.
- Provide freight rates to Commercial, setup rates with MDU, and negotiate rates with Railroads.
- Provides Rail Accounting support to internal customers including Transportation Accounting, Crude Accounting, Product Accounting, BSC & ACS departments.
- Ensures documentation adheres to solid accounting practice and/or GAAP requirements. Performs job duties in accordance with Andeavor’s guiding principles of Core Values, Shared Value, Superior Execution, Powerful Collaboration, and Exceptional People.
- Collect required information and create monthly scorecard reports for rail operations. Other reporting duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 1 year of SAP experience
- Excel Skill level (minimum Intermediate)
- Familiar with ShipXpress software a plus.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 75725