Assistant Production Supervisor
Provide supervision of up to 50 production employees by utilizing hourly Leads who oversee up to 15 employees. Keeps Production Manager up to date regarding issues of importance.
- Conforms to and ensures all associates conform to dress codes. This includes grooming, cleanliness, uniform policy, eating, drinking and smoking policy and overall professional appearance consistent with policy.
- Promotes and maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Provides support plant beyond regularly scheduled work times. If not available, ensures that a reliable back up has been provided.
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s and the organizations intentions.
- Follows through on commitments and sets the right example for others to follow.
- Serves as a mentor to new employees and models appropriate workplace behavior.
- Mentor and train the Lead personnel within the department.
- Completes performance appraisals for staff in a timely manner and spends quality time reviewing with employee.
- Helps build confidence by assisting and empowering staff to make correct decisions.
- Treats people fairly with dignity and respect.
- Fosters a collaborative, friendly, fun work environment.
- Fosters personal encouragement through recognizing and rewarding good performance.
- Delegates both responsibility and authority when appropriate, and follows up to ensure proper completion.
- Directs and coordinates activities involved with production and distribution of products.
- Coordinates variety and quantity of products to be produced, according to orders and sales projections.
- Enforces policies/procedures to utilize plant operations, human resources, machines, and materials productively.
- Works closely with temporary staffing representative to ensure department is fully staffed.
- Maintains high staff retention by developing leaders, empowering employees and increasing employees’ level of productivity.
- Encourages feedback.
- Offers feedback on process, procedures, and personnel to improve products, plant conditions, or personnel situations.
- Utilizes available tools to train employees and improve execution.
- Coordinate/write and post department schedules.
- Edit and approve employee time files.
- Works with specific Production Manager in developing disciplinary action ensuring that HR has reviewed and approved proposed language and action to be taken.
- Makes recommendations to specific Production Manager and Operations Manager in regards to potential termination of employees. Once approved, informs employee of termination with assistance from Production Manager.
- May be involved in creation and testing of new products.
- Communicates daily with other departments to ensure applicable procedures/policies are being adhered to.
- Ensures all general manufacturing policies and procedures are being followed by all employees.
- Ensures that all employees under their supervision have completed any required training.
- Communicates and works closely with Maintenance personnel in an effort to keep all equipment running properly.
- Conducts and/or participates in monthly department/line meetings and employee one-on-one meetings throughout the year.
- Inventories ingredients and supplies assigned to their department/line and communicating any needs to the Procurement Supervisor for ordering.
- Work with vendors monitoring inventory, sales, and new items
- Monitors all production within their area of responsibility to ensure the highest quality.
- Monitors and control waste.
- Monitor and track units daily.
- Communicate new products/changes to affected personnel.
- Demonstrates a high value for Health, Environment, Safety & Security issues, initiatives and programs in both personal and organizational responsibilities.
- Integrates Health, Environment, and Safety & Security into day-to-day job performance. Maintains a safe environment for all employees and self. Understand how to handle employee injuries, incidents and accidents.
- Report food safety and quality problems to Quality Assurance or a lead or supervisor immediately.
- Covers for Production Manager if absent.
- Completes other duties as assigned by management.
Education Requirements (typical):
- High school diploma (college degree preferred)
Experience Requirements (typical):
- Minimum of two to five years experience in the manufacturing environment (preferred production of bakery or commissary products)
- Must have basic computer knowledge, Microsoft office and email.
- Good communication skills
- Adaptable to change
- Goal and multi-task oriented
- Enthusiastic and outgoing personality
- Experienced individual with an extensive production background
- Comfortable conducting projects outside of day to day tasks
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3542