Asphalt Trip Driver, Day
Loads and delivers asphalt products via tanker trucks to Western customers in a professional, courteous, and safe manner. Knowledge of Hours of Service, pickup and delivery automated systems. Completes appropriate paperwork accurately and timely. Places special emphasis on supporting the following core values: Unmatched excellence in customer service. Safety in all we do. Being a flexible, innovative, and dedicated employee: Wise and productive use of all resources. Honest and ethical behavior.
- Drives transport truck to and from assigned destinations. Loads and unloads asphalt products from tanker at the assigned destinations safely and effectively.
- Completes proper written or electronic paperwork in an accurate, timely manner; such as hours of service, freight bills, driver logs, equipment inspection forms, etc.
- Takes a pro-active role in "Safety in All We Do" by knowing and following all company safety procedures and policies. Attends safety meetings as scheduled.
- Provides "Unmatched Excellence in Customer Service", both internally and externally, in all aspects of the position's responsibilities, treating each customer as if they are "Number 1". Customer service can have a direct impact on Western's image.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections and maintains constant visual and audio inspection during handling and transporting of hazardous materials to ensure safe and efficient delivery.
- Follows environmental procedures and regulatory requirements as determined by company policy, while taking a pro-active role in the prevention of environmental contamination.
- Identifies and analyzes equipment malfunctions, making minor repairs as needed. Notifies other company personnel when major repairs are required.
- Follows all company policies and government regulations in the handling and transporting of hazardous materials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Must be able to see to drive truck.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers and customers.
- Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to maintain mobility and stand to load and off-load product.
- Must be able to bend, reach, or stoop to load and off-load product, maintain the truck, and enter the cab. Must be able to climb steep stairs on tanks to measure, sample, and test product.
- Heavy physical effort up to 75 pounds.
- Major portions of daily work require application of manual skills involving motor coordination and finger dexterity
- Work is typically performed outside a regular office setting on roads and highways.
- Moderate exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and minimal exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Major exposure to extreme heat and cold, high and unstable places, and moving mechanical parts.
- Moderate exposure to loud noise and bright or dim lighting.
- Heavy exposure to outdoor weather conditions including but not limited to wind, rain, snow and extreme heat or cold.
Alb NM Asphalt Terminal - ET19,,New Mexico,87102,United States
Job Reference #: 5000465329206