Asphalt Technical Supervisor (74227)
Requisition ID: 74227
The Asphalt Technical Supervisor will perform/oversee laboratory duties associated with Liquid asphalt testing, product development and product certification. These include routine as well as emergency procedures/situations, product testing and standards compliance to insure the asphalt lab runs safely and efficiently. Provides technical support to operations, while ensuring a safe, efficient work environment, with the timely production, blending and shipping of products.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Proactive in safety, ensuring that all safety procedures are followed; promote safety of lab personnel through compliance of applicable environmental and safety regulations and work processes; oversee housekeeping activities to create a safe work environment
- Interface with Asphalt Technical Manager, Asphalt Sales/Marketing department, Asphalt Operators, and various State Departments of Transportation to discuss testing results, changes needed to improve the quality of asphalt blends, discuss forecast, develop new product formulations
- Have understanding of American Association of State Highway Transportation Officials (AASHTO) methods of sampling, testing, and update/revise testing protocol for each test method. Responsible for reviewing these methods and implement any changes and ensure Western Refining Lab has the equipment needed to meet the testing requirements
- Coordinate with various state DOTs for sampling/testing protocols and ensure receipt of monthly lab number; perform special testing required by the different state DOTs; generate monthly DOT reports
- Understand and ensure compliance with AASHTO M 320 Performance-Graded Asphalt Binder
- Interact with Asphalt Technical Manager in the formulation of new products
- Performs testing on asphalt cements, emulsions and cutbacks.
- Prepares standards, calibrates, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs instruments.
- Performs special tests as required
- Performs shipping of hazardous and non-hazardous material when qualified
- Keeps records for QA/QC data validation
- Performs special projects as assigned by Technical group, Operations or Marketing Manager
- Trains Laboratory Technicians in the use of instruments/new methods. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs daily checks to equipments to ensure the quality assurance system of the lab
- Responsible for reporting data with accuracy and precision
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Phoenix || Arizona || United States (US) || SF:LI-AA-1 || |Commercial || 85001 ||
Job Reference #: 74227