Performs the day-to-day operations duties necessary to maintain the safe and efficient operation of the products terminal while placing special emphasis on Western's Core Values.
- Continue with training begun as Entry, "C", and "B" Operator and also successfully complete the A Operator Progression Advancement metric. Train and perform assigned tasks as outlined in the Progression Advancement Metric.
- Fully understand all aspects of the O&M requirements for the Terminal;
- Act as Terminal Manager in his absence;
- Identify problem areas and give input and make needed corrections. Troubleshoot and take appropriate corrective actions as needed;
- Supervise on-site contractors;
- Control and coordinate rack and rail for receipt and distribution of products;
- Be able to respond to highway emergency;
- Perform repairs on valves and pumping systems unassisted;
- Maintain normal operating logs;
- Train fellow employees on general tasks.
- Perform product receipt operations necessary to facilitate the safe and timely receipt of products via pipeline, tank truck, and rail car.
- Work, train, and qualify for the next Operator classification.
- Fully understand and efficiently operate the loading rack computer control system.
- Perform the necessary sampling and testing of product stored in the terminal and as it is received into the terminal. Maintain current records of test results.
- Conduct Safe Work Practices (SWP) and Standard Operation Procedure reviews.
- Conduct Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) reviews.
- Perform regular inspections of facility equipment and maintain facility equipment in safe working order. Report all maintenance issues to the Lead/Senior Operator or management immediately. Keep the facility free of litter, debris or weeds. Clean/wash the truck loading rack equipment/pad as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Alb NM Asphalt Terminal - ET19,,New Mexico,87102,United States
Job Reference #: 5000393250206