Asphalt Operator - Tuscon, AZ (74161)
Requisition ID: 74161
Performs the day-to-day operations duties necessary to maintain the safe and efficient operation of the products terminal while placing special emphasis on Western's Core Values.
- Continue with training begun as Entry, "C", and "B" Operator and also successfully complete the A Operator Progression Advancement metric. Train and perform assigned tasks as outlined in the Progression Advancement Metric.
- Fully understand all aspects of the O&M requirements for the Terminal;
- Act as Terminal Manager in his absence;
- Identify problem areas and give input and make needed corrections. Troubleshoot and take appropriate corrective actions as needed;
- Supervise on-site contractors;
- Control and coordinate rack and rail for receipt and distribution of products;
- Be able to respond to highway emergency;
- Perform repairs on valves and pumping systems unassisted;
- Maintain normal operating logs;
- Train fellow employees on general tasks.
- Perform product receipt operations necessary to facilitate the safe and timely receipt of products via pipeline, tank truck, and rail car.
- Work, train, and qualify for the next Operator classification.
- Fully understand and efficiently operate the loading rack computer control system.
- Perform the necessary sampling and testing of product stored in the terminal and as it is received into the terminal. Maintain current records of test results.
- Conduct Safe Work Practices (SWP) and Standard Operation Procedure reviews.
- Conduct Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) reviews.
- Perform regular inspections of facility equipment and maintain facility equipment in safe working order. Report all maintenance issues to the Lead/Senior Operator or management immediately. Keep the facility free of litter, debris or weeds. Clean/wash the truck loading rack equipment/pad as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Tucson || Arizona || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 85713 ||
Job Reference #: 74161