Asphalt Operator- Tucson, AZ
Continue with training begun as Entry, "C", and "B" Operator and also successfully complete the A Operator Progression Advancement metric. Train and perform assigned tasks as outlined in the Progression Advancement Metric
- Fully understand all aspects of the O&M requirements for the Terminal;
- Act as Terminal Manager in his absence
- Identify problem areas and give input and make needed corrections. Troubleshoot and take appropriate corrective actions as needed;
- Supervise on-site contractors;
- Control and coordinate rack and rail for receipt and distribution of products;
- Be able to respond to highway emergency;
- Perform repairs on valves and pumping systems unassisted;
- Maintain normal operating logs;
- Train fellow employees on general tasks.
- Perform product receipt operations necessary to facilitate the safe and timely receipt of products via pipeline, tank truck, and rail car.
- Work, train, and qualify for the next Operator classification
- Fully understand and efficiently operate the loading rack computer control system.
- Perform the necessary sampling and testing of product stored in the terminal and as it is received into the terminal. Maintain current records of test results.
- Conduct Safe Work Practices (SWP) and Standard Operation Procedure reviews.
- Conduct Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) reviews
- Perform regular inspections of facility equipment and maintain facility equipment in safe working order. Report all maintenance issues to the Lead/Senior Operator or management immediately. Keep the facility free of litter, debris or weeds. Clean/wash the truck loading rack equipment/pad as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
- Knowledge of department practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of and skill in using computer software, including MS Word and Excel.
- Mathematical skill to add, subtract, multiply, or divide numbers for balancing or compiling figures
- Skill in operating various office equipment, such as personal computer, calculator, facsimile, copy machine, and document shredder
- kill in operating various hand tools, such as wrench and screwdriver.
- Written communication skill to compose letters, memos, and basic reports.
- Oral communication skill to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Interpersonal communication skill to work effectively with others in order to coordinate activities and arrive at mutual decisions.
- Ability to read and understand documents, such as procedure manuals, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Ability to respond appropriately in the event of a product spill.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service by answering questions, providing accurate information, and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to provide support to other employees by providing them with accurate information and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to plan and schedule activities over the course of a month including identification of resources, implementation, monitoring, and follow-up activities.
- Ability to identify, define, and solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work effectively with general supervisory guidance.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must meet company insurability requirements.
Tucson AZ Asphalt Terminal - ET22,,Arizona,85714,United States