Asphalt Operator - Phoenix, AZ (76443)
Requisition ID: 76443
Performs the day-to-day operations duties necessary to maintain the safe, efficient and reliable operations of the asphalt products terminal. Performs routine and daily maintenance tasks on the rail car operations, truck loading and scale house operations.
- Pulls samples of products stored in the terminal. Maintains current records
- Performs tank gauging to measure tank contents and account for product stored and product moved into and out of tanks.
- Prepares custody transfer tickets, manage tickets and perform month-end closing in Andeavor’s MAPS measurement system database.
- Performs product receipt operations necessary to facilitate the safe and timely receipt of products via tank truck, and rail car.
- Prepares rail cars for unloading. Monitors rail cars while heating.
- Directs truck and transport drivers to proper loading stations and assures that loading is performed safely
- Identifies problem areas provides input, troubleshoots and takes appropriate corrective actions as needed.
- Performs minor maintenance to ensure that equipment is operating and maintained.
- Performs regular inspections of facility equipment and maintains facility equipment in safe working order. Reports all maintenance issues to the Team Lead Operator or management immediately
- Maintains normal operating logs;
- Conducts Safe Work Practices (SWP) and Standard Operation Procedure reviews.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Prior petroleum industry, oil field experience, asphalt or product terminal experience desired
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Phoenix || Arizona || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 85338 ||
Job Reference #: 76443