Requisition ID: 76645
Accounting Supervisor, Wholesale
Performs a highly complex and specialized accounting activities in accordance with policies, principles, standards, and regulatory requirements. Supports the Marketing Controller by assisting with the management of the Wholesale Accounting department. Supervises the day-to-day accounting functions within the department. Supervises the monthly closing process and closing schedule, including review of journal entries and reconciliations. Supervises the Accounting department employees, including training, performance appraisals and work allocation. Assists with internal and external audits. Assures that internal controls associated with G/L processes are followed and working correctly.
Major Job Task
- Supervises employees by establishing goals, allocating resources, conducting performance appraisals and recommending personnel actions.
- With guidance, assists the Marketing Controller with the day-to-day accounting operations of the segment. Responsible for the creation, distribution, and monitoring of the monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting closing schedules. Supervises and mentors the Wholesale Accounting team to ensure each month is closed according to the deadlines established on the closing schedule. Instructs staff in handling unusual or non-recurring transactions.
- Interacts with customers and other departments in researching and resolving discrepancies and problems and exchanging information with others; and in obtaining information required to complete tasks, including providing necessary information for internal, external, bank and SOX auditors.
- Supervises Firebird inventory analyst and reviews month-end cardlock inventory reconciliations to ensure compliance with all environmental regulations as well as ensuring adequate theft prevention procedures are in place.
- Reviews Wholesale general ledger account reconciliations for completeness and accuracy, ensuring that reconciling items are being addressed timely. Proposing adjusting entries for account corrections to provide accurate financial statements.
- Review and analyze transaction processing to identify areas of inefficiency or weaknesses in internal controls. Make recommendations for improvemnte using knowledge of company policies and procedures as a guide. Document procedures for reference.
- Temporarily supervise Wholesale Settlement and Accounts Payable activities until permanently transition to the Shared Service Center
- Assists Marketing Controller with special projects on an ongoing basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, financial statements and reports, general ledgers and journals.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting processes to develop policy and procedures and manage Accounting Operations.
- Knowledge of department practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of and skill in using computer software, such as MS Word, Excel, HRIS, and computerized accounting systems.
- Mathematical skill to calculate and interpret data using percentages, ratios, averages, and medians.
- Written communication skill to compose reports, proposals, presentations, and work-related manuals.
- Oral communication skill to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Interpersonal communication skill to negotiate agreements favorable to the Company, reconciling differences to arrives at acceptable solutions.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively present information to upper management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service by answering questions, providing accurate information, and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to support other employees by being directly responsible for improving information, services, or support other employees need to do their jobs.
- Ability to persuade others to a course of action by instructing, convincing, or influencing through professional guidance using logic and example.
- Ability to plan and schedule activities over a year or longer, including regular review and coordination of activities required for implementation.
- Ability to develop new ideas and approaches for the creation of new methods, systems, policies or services.
- Ability to define problems, collect incomplete and difficult to obtain data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work effectively with broad guidance and review by upper management. Precedents, professional standards, and general Company practices are utilized.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- CPA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years accounting/finance experience
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || None || |Accounting & Finance || 78259 ||